Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I LOVE HALLOWEEN


I can say for certainty that my love for Halloween has been passed down to Max.  There is not a doubt in my mind.  He told me through his excitement.  He told me through his actions.  And he told me through his words.

"I LOVE HALLOWEEN!"

As we walked through my mom's neighborhood, the one in which I grew up, the one in which I trick-or-treated with my family, my best friends, his words rang out, echoed in my ears.  

"I LOVE HALLOWEEN!"

Max and Zooey stayed close together, holding hands, running ahead, waiting patiently for their chance to say those special words.  

"Trick or Treat"

I don't know of a better feeling than what I experienced the other night.  I was with my family, my best friends and it was pure happiness.

Max started off wanting to be Batman for Halloween.  Then it was Huckle Cat from Richard Scarry's Busytown.  A few weeks before Halloween, I asked him if he still wanted to be Huckle Cat.  He told me "Actually, I want to be a polar bear."  And so he was.  I spent an hour or so at Target trying to find anything and everything white.  I wanted to find things that he could use again.  I was pretty successful.  A little cutting and sewing later, we had the best little polar bear we could have asked for.  He even has the roar to prove it.  



















No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment that is left here. Thanks!